- Established a traditional Japanese restaurant in Shimonoseki, Yamaguchi
- Began Japan's first fugu cuisine delivery service
- Renamed the company to Fukutarou Honbu Co., Ltd. (For providing fugu delivery and processing services)
- Began consignment farming in Kyushu
- Opened a new factory in Kitakyushu “Fuku sashimi” becomes the first product in the industry to receive HACCP certification after passing a Japanese governmental agency inspection for aquatic food processing facilities
- Conducted joint research on torafugu collagen with Kitakyushu University
- Opened a Japanese fugu restaurant named "Shokurakuan Furukawa" in Kokura, Kitakyushu City “Fukuchiri” becomes the second HACCP-certified product
- Developed an in-house fugu lot tracing system using QR codes
- Opened Ginza Fukutarou in Ginza, Tokyo
- Became the first in the food industry to be certified as a "Only One" firm by Kitakyushu City
- Began exporting fugu processed products to Singapore
- Added a fugu migaki factory equipped with fish tanks to the head office “Fuku migaki” becomes the third HACCP-certified product
Fukutarou and Beyond
As the first company in Japan to succeed in establishing a fugu delivery service and HACCP-certified fugu factory, Fukutarou possesses a tireless frontier spirit.
We have now began promoting fugu food culture overseas and will continue providing the safest, most beautiful, and tastiest fugu available to inspire people all around the world.