The FUGU Production cycleFor factories charged with the complete removal of fugu poison, building a relationship of trust with the employees is of the utmost importance. At Fukutarou Honbu, we constantly carry out thorough sanitation management according to HACCP methods and maintain a high level of awareness thereof. This includes using separate clothing and tools for each work space, equipping refrigerators at essential points to ensure temperature management, finishing operations by predetermined times to ensure consistency and washing materials regularly for hygiene.
- By using tanks fitted with the latest filtering equipment, we keep the fugu at its freshest, while promptly removing the poisonous areas.
- After certified in-house staff evaluate the fugu poison, our team of licensed Fugu Processing Specialists individually inspect each fish.
- When the fugu has been matured in the refrigerator for more than 24 hours, one of our fugu specialists carefully slices the cuts for use as sashimi.
- Products for use in hot pots are quickly weighed before losing freshness and then neatly arranged and packed.
- Products to be heated and cooked are prepared in our dedicated 'Souzai' room.
- Products are packed with a QR code attached for tracking purposes. They are then put through a metal detector to protect against contamination.
- Products are rapidly frozen to a temperature of -196°C using our liquid nitrogen (LN2) quick-freezing equipment. This allows us to maintain freshness without damaging the cell tissue.
- Products are quickly packed and kept refrigerated in a temperature-controlled room.